Saturday, July 17, 2010

1 Week to Go

Sitting here at Darden Towe Park in the steamy 90's as Will plays his last summer lacrosse game. (He is in the blue shorts in the photo, defending against his buddy Cole.)



The local weather reported that there have been over 30 days at 90+ degrees this summer, and 12 is the normal number at this point in the summer. Whew!
With one week until we leave, there is lots to get done, but we have come a long way. Nora and I had a great dinner at C'ville's newest restaurant, "Fry Springs Station," with Jeff & Susan L and I was able to nail down the return itinerary with Jeff, who will be joining me from San Fran to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
I have figured out how to post photos to the blog from the iPad - an amazingly difficult thing to do!
I gave in to "local knowledge" from Tonya, who said I was nuts for planning to camp in Oklahoma in July, and used Hilton points to reserve a Hampton with an indoor pool the day we leave my mother's place in Hot Springs, Ark.
Even though it has been too hot to hike (and there's been no time), I've been hitting the eliptical at the gym on a regular basis and tracking consistently harder workouts than I have ever done on that machine before in preparation for my hike up Half Dome in Yosemite (without Will) on August 9, 10 or 11.
And I have started to pack - or at least pile stuff in one part of the living room.


More coming soon...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.

1 comment: